Monday, November 28, 2011

Change is inevitable

I was quote hunting, like usual and I came across this quote: 
"Of course ive changed. We all change. We all grow up, grow wiser, grow distant from the things we never thought we would. We all learn to laugh a little more and cry a little more and be a little more silly. We all slowly start to forget the people we once cared so much for, start to let the memories fade, and the faces blur. I have changed, and I will always be changing. For the better or worse, is a matter of perception. But don’t tell me I’ve changed like it isn’t inevitable."

I've been guilty in saying 'you've changed'.. I've said it countless times. But it's something I don't like. I don't like change. My entire life has been about change, from moving from house to house; living with this parent, my nana and papa, to the other parent; moving to Utah, to Michigan, back to Utah. Things were always changing. So I grew to hate it.

But the thing I blocked out behind all the hatred for change; were the things that changed for good. The friendships that grew, the devastation over a friendship ending- which was probably for the better. But whatever it was, if it hadn't happened, I wouldn't be who I am today. And I know that. 

As I've said many times, this year has been a real eye opener; what more did I expect? It is my senior year. But while people are figuring out scholarship stuff, I've been figuring out things like who my true friends are/always have been, what I wanna do with my life, and other things about my future. I've changed this year, and when I look back to when I first moved here- I've changed a ton. I may have not seen or grasped that idea as I changed, but looking back- I know I have. 

So here's to changing- the things that felt like they were breaking us, to all the years wishing things hadn't changed, to all the friendships that meant the world to you at the time, to the late nights out with the girls, and the nights where you didn't sleep at all, to the friendships you never thought you'd lose, to the boys that broke your heart. Here's to change- the good and the bad. For I accept it, for it has made me, ME. 

3 comments:

  1. k seriously i needed that so much today.
    i'm putting that quote on my blog,
    giving you credit of course.
    thanks girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's to change.
    (insert enthusiastic smile and grand "hurrah!" here...)

    thanks for this, seriously though.

    ReplyDelete