Friday, March 2, 2012

Movin on

You know those weeks when you feel like not one possible thing MORE could go wrong. Well that was my week this week. Breakups are always tough, but sometimes it has to be done whether then just keep giving those endless chances to keep ending up the same way. No, my week didn't only suck because of that, I promise.. But for once I don't feel the need to broadcast it.

When I was younger, I always felt the need that people needed to know my story to understand why I am the way I am.. But I've out grown that. If I've learned one thing in high school, is that you can only rely on yourself; literally. In times of sorrow you think that your closest friends will be there through it all, but this week I learned different. Whether or not you're really close with someone, people do care. You may be crying in the hall, and the randomest person may have concern for you (yes, I did cry at school. And yes, it was embarrassing.. But I promise I didnt mean to).

I know that this chapter of my life is over for a reason, and I know that there are better things coming for me. I constantly give out advice about making the best of things, and I struggle to take my own advice. But because of one of my good friends this week, and a text I sent him; I finally realized for myself.

Only good can come from bad. It may sound contradicting but it's true. You may struggle for a long time after an event, but in the long run it will make you stronger. You see all these cliche quotes all over just about.... Everything. But there's a reason certain things keep coming up. It's because they're true!

I've been trying really hard to be mature this past week, as I see stuff that just makes my heart literally fall apart; I can say that this week was one of the worst ones in awhile. But no matter what he decides to say about me, or do to me.. I'm not going to let him get to me, just like my status said:

'Learn from your past, move on, grow stronger. People are fake, but let your trust last longer. Do what you got to do, but always stay true, and never let anyone get the best of you.'

I will go on and continue to be that strong girl, I don't care what it takes; and I hope through all of this I will have a moment where I say 'this is exactly why I went through this'.

Now it's time to live up the rest of my senior year, and really buckle down for graduation, because times like this will come and go, and I need to think that my future is bright (thanks for that realization Annie).

1 comment:

  1. i feel you baby girl. i love you. stay strong. you're such am amazing person. im here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete